1) 15, 31, 63, 127, 255, ?
2) 4, 6, 12, 14, 28, 30, ?
3) A train 140m long is running at 60kmph. In how much time will it pass a platform 260m long?
15 seconds24 seconds28 seconds30 seconds
4) The ratio between the speeds of two trains is 7: 8. If the second train runs 440 kms in 4 hours, then the speed of the first train is:
47.4 km/hr57.19 km/hr68.13 km/hr96.25 km/hr
5) A man sitting in a train which is traveling at 50 kmph observes that a goods train, traveling in opposite direction, takes 9 seconds to pass him. If the goods train is 280 m long, find its speed.?
50 kmph58 kmph62 kmph65 kmph
6) ) A train 220 m long is running with a speed of 59 kmph. In what time will it pass a man who is running at 7 kmph in the direction opposite to that in which the train is going?
7 sec8 sec10 sec12 sec
7) If 5 women or 8 girls can do a work in 84 days. In how many days can 10 women and 5 girls can do the same work?
32 days48 days52 days38 days
8) A is twice as good a workman as B and together they finish a piece of work in 18 days. In how many days will A alone finish the work?
31 days25 days27 days29 days
9) 10 cats caught 10 rats in 10 seconds. How many cats are required to catch 100 rats in 100 seconds
10) A man wants to reach a window which is 40 feet above the ground. The distance from the foot of the ladder to the wall is 9 feet. How long should the ladder be ?
9 feet81 feet41 feet49 feet
11) Every month Rani gives 65% of her salary to her mother. She spends 15% of her salary and saves the remainder. She saves $130 more than what she spends. What is her monthly salary?
12) The ratio of the number of apples in Box A to the number of apples in Box B is 3:2. All the apples in Box B are green. The ratio of the number of green apples to the number of red apples in Box A is 4:5. There are 20 more green apples in Box B than in Box A. How many red apples are there?
13) AZ, CX, FU, ?
14) AZ, GT, MN, ?, YB
15) Architect : Building :: Sculptor : ?
16) Poles : Magnet :: ? : Battery
17) Find the odd one out
18) Find the odd one out
19) In a certain code ADVENTURES is written as TRDESAUVEN. How is PRODUCED written in that code ?
20) If FRIEND is coded as HUMJTK, how can CANDLE be written in that code?
21) Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said, His brother's father is the only son of my grandfather.How is the woman related to the man in the photograph?
22) A told B,The girl I met yesterday was the youngest daughter of the brother-in-law of my friend's mother.How is the girl related to A's friend?
23) Ignorance : Education :: Disease : ?
24) Doctor : Patient :: Politician : ?
27) Of the following two statements, both of which cannot be true, but both can also be false. Which are these two statements ? I. All machines make noise II. Some machines are noisy III. No machine makes noise IV. Some machines are not noisy
I & II III & IV I & III II & IV
28) There are eight poets, namely, A, B, C, D, E, F, G and H in respect of whom questions are being asked in the examination. The first four are ancient poets and the last four are modern poets. The question on ancient and modern poets is being asked in alternate years. Those who like H also like G, those who like D like C also. The examiner who sets question is not likely to ask question on D because he has written an article on him. But he likes D. Last year a question was asked on F. Considering these facts, on whom the question is most likely to be asked this year ?
B C D G